Developing Leaders Since 1979
Established in 1979
- I love coming here so much! It's really fun and I have learned a lot!- Isabella Witt. 10/24/2019
- I have noticed a huge difference in my daughter since she started. Respect for others, her self confidence, an better listening skills. The instructors are top notch. Would recommend every child to go here.- Charles Lewis. 9/11/2019
- This school has amazing black belts and instructors. I have never seen such great martial artists. They are apart of the #1 sparing team in the country!! I can’t say enough about them.😁- Richard Hardly. 7/6/2019
- My 6 year old son started a few weeks ago. Ive already seen improvement in his behavior and respect for adults. Hes starting to show more confidence and is finally getting the right kind of attention from other children. The Jr Taekwondo school has not only provided a child care option for me, but has answered my prayers for my sons behavior issues and weight problem. I am so happy to have them!!!- Marcii White. 3/11/2019
- Excellent organization and instructors. Great learning opportunity for my daughter. She love the classes.- William Janik. 3/10/2019
- The instructors are top notch, the really know thier stuff. They are excellent at motivating students to do well both at the school and out there in the real world!- Chuck Murzda. 0/18/2019
- We enrolled our son in Jr TKD school several weeks ago, and we have already begun to see the results from his training. This school is run day to day by several instructors, under the watchful eye of Master Taylor, who has been involved in martial arts since he was 6 years old. It is clear that he has never lost sight of his young start, exemplified by his patients and composure with the kids in his classes. The leadership and discipline he shows acts as an example for the students, who learn these traits through their training. One look at the black belt students in this school will show the hard work and dedication that Jr TKD team contributes to the students. All of these advanced ranking students are well behaved, respectful, composed and their athletic ability is astounding. They are all willing to help with the lower ranking students to correct their form, and help them practice. We have personally noticed some huge improvements in our son in just a few short weeks. He is more attentive, and not just willing but EAGER to help out around the house. He is more focused and thoughtful, and he has been improving his communication skills and confidence. In addition to all of the benefits we have noticed, there is one that really stands out. Master Taylor and the Jr TKD school is deeply involved in the community. Master Taylor regularly teaches classes to local schools in the area. These classes deal with situational issues that arise in lots of students' lives, such as bullying, strangers, obeying rules, and respecting themselves and each other. Sure, this may indirectly bring new students to the school, but the impact that this may have to some kids who may be dealing with these issues can not be measured. Our son looks forward to going to class several times a week, and with the benefits we have seen from his personal improvement, we look forward to bringing him in. As a testament to the schools training ability, many of the students have gone on to win awards at competitions regionally and nationally. The success of any school should not be measured by the number of trophies in the case, but by the character building of the students. In the case of Jr. TKD School, they have both.- Matthew Campbell. 11/14/2018
- Wonderful group of people!! My kids have learned more than just martial arts since starting classes, and I even take classes now too in the adult program! My son even just tested for first degree black belt.- Jessica Merrell. 8/5/2018
- My daughter loves this place, and in just a year she is well on her way to Black Belt!- Kelly Warren. 5/19/2018
- I take classes and they help focus and learn self control and they are a learning experience and you set goals and achieve them and it is a amazing school so you should try it out- Sahara Pugh. 5/26/2017
- I took the after school program at CVMS and I went one day to the school and Master Taylor you are so nice and everyone else is too but just the location if you can make it in austintown it would be more convenient for my family. So unfortunitaly I cannot take lessons ;(. Good place though!- Tristan Stefanides. 9/19/2016
- My 8 year old daughter is a special needs child with autism aand has adhd. She and I have been going to Saturday classes there since the beginning of March of 2016. They have been very accepting to what she has and they take the time to teach her 1 on 1. This has really helped alot to focus in class, at home and school. I highly recommended any parent with a special needs child attend Jr Taekwondo School!- Elizabeth Johnson. 3/9/2016
- Great school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Adam Lipka. 3/8/2016
- GREAT SCHOOL!!!!!!!! GREAT LOCATION!!!!!!! GREAT INSTRUCTORS!!!!!!!!! THIS SCHOOL IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!- Everett Burd. 3/8/2016
- Awesome school greatly recommended- Abdul Mousa. 3/8/2016
- Great instructors and children's program!- Jonathan olson. 3/8/2016
- Awesome school! It's the greatest school in Taekwondo history!- shelly householder. 3/8/2016
Taekwondo ClassesStudying Taekwondo offers many benefits for both children and adults. At Junior Tae Kwon Do School in Youngstown, OH, I offer traditional Taekwondo training in a professional, friendly environment.
Self DefenseTaking a self-defense class at Junior Tae Kwon Do School in Youngstown, OH, is a great way to stay in shape and hone some skills that might come in handy if you ever find yourself threatened. We offer private training an...
Self Defense for GroupsWhen we teach self-defense for groups at Junior Tae Kwon Do School, we draw upon physical techniques that have been handed down over centuries from a variety of martial arts traditions. Our instruction is designed to hel...
Private TrainingSelf defense and martial arts courses offer adults and children alike the chance to master new skills and techniques. For some people, the social aspects of group training are appealing and beneficial. But for others, pr...
Self Defense and Martial Arts Course in Youngstown, OH
- Tae kwon do classes
- Self-defense classes
- Self-defense classes for groups
- Private training